Sunday, March 22, 2009

Your money is no good here


Do you think that it costs a lot to stay in shape? It doesn't have to!

Today, I actually got up on time and went to a free yoga class at the new Lululemon on P Street in Logan Circle.

Their clothes may be too expensive for me, but one thing that I do like about Lululemon is that they host free fitness and yoga classes at their locations. The classes are usually taught by instructors at local yoga studios or local personal trainers.

Today's class was taught by Alex, the owner of Yoga Chai in Adams Morgan. I literally live less than five blocks from this studio and have been meaning to go and never have. The vinyasa yoga class was a great way to start the day. I left feeling really good. Alex is a good teacher. I did some things today that I have never done before and he mixes in his own brand of humor in the class, which I like. You should check him out at his studio.

The good thing about free classes is that they are all taught so that beginners and veterans alike will be able to feel like they got a good workout or practice. So you don't have to worry about whether or not the class will be too hard or too easy. Plus, since they are free, if for some reason you don't like it, it's no big deal. It is also a good way to learn about local gyms, studios and personal trainers.

Yoga Chai will be offering another free yoga class next Sunday at 10 am. I will be there. Holla if you want to join me! (Or check out a Lululemon near you to take advantage of their free classes.)

1 comment:

  1. Even if there is no Lululemon store near you, there has to be other free exercise and yoga opportunities near you so that cost does not have to be does not have to keep you from getting fit. (If you know of any in your city, let us know!)

    ReplyDelete