Sunday, March 15, 2009

How Does She Do It?

I have been looking at different sources on line to see if I can find out how Mo'nique is losing weight. Most of the information that I am finding is coming from unreliable rumor websites and blogs. I have not found an official statement from Mo'nique or her people yet.

I really hope that she is doing it through a healthy balance of diet and exercise. Many of the sites that I have found so far are suggesting that she may be looking into gastric bypass surgery. I really hope this is not the case.

My personal feelings on gastric bypass is that it is very dangerous (well, any surgery is dangerous) and that it is just a quick fix. In order to stay healthy for the duration of one's life, you really have to change your whole life style and way of thinking. No matter what anyone says, there is no quick fix.

Plus, I want for our community and our young people to have an example (a high profile example) that shows that a healthy diet and an active lifestyle are the right way to go about losing weight and being healthy.

But at the very least, if she is going to have gastric bypass surgery, I hope that she doesn't try to pull the wool over our eyes and tell us that she lost weight doing Pilates like Star Jones tried to do!

I am going to keep looking into it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment