Saturday, March 7, 2009

It just feels so good

This morning, after setting up this blog and participating in a phone conference, I decided that I had to go outside. I checked weather.com and saw that it was 63 degrees. I still had to put together an agenda for the staff meeting at The Hot Mama Fitness Studio that afternoon, but I knew I would never forgive myself if I didn't take advantage of this beautiful day.

So I got dressed and went out. I ran from my building to Malcolm X Park. (This is my favorite place in DC, by the way) I did a lap around the park, stopping to do squats (4 sets of 25), step ups on a bench for 1 minute and box jumps onto a ledge for 90 seconds.

It took all of 30 minutes. (workouts don't have to be long to be beneficial) It was hard, girl (I haven't run outside in a long time. You know, I DON'T DO COLD) and my heart rate sure was high (a good thing). But, man, did I feel awesome when I got home!! I can't even describe it. Nothing else creates this sort of feeling.

This is exactly what I want to share with the women in our community. There is nothing out there that makes you feel this good (and is legal and free)! I don't understand why everyone doesn't do it!

Holla at me if you want to join me for a run! (Or jog or walk....)

No comments:

Post a Comment