Saturday, September 26, 2009

The City of Pittsburgh Great Race

Well, tomorrow is the day. I decided early in the summer that I was going to run my very first running event in The City of Pittsburgh Great Race on September 27. I am starting with a 5 k. I finally started running 3.2 miles on a regular basis in August, and I average about 31 minutes. Not amazing but I am good with that for now.

I registered and picked up my number this afternoon. (#12680) I am excited, and I am looking forward to it. The course (starting in Oakland and ending at The Point) is all downhill, which is surprising in Pittsburgh. I would be a little more excited, though, if it was a tad warmer and if it had not rained so hard all day today. I don't feel especially prepared to run in heavy rain (and those of you that know me know that I don't do rain). I have searched everywhere for a windbreaker with a hood with no success. I am about to make one out of a poncho right after this. I registered, so I figure that I will be out there at 8:30-rain or shine.

Speaking of which, I better get ready for bed. Wish me luck! If all goes well, I am going to make running a 5k a monthly routine. (as long as it is not too cold outside. I already found one for Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment