Wednesday, July 15, 2009

When you want to treat yourself

A few years ago, I decided to treat myself on my birthday. My clients had been raving about The Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa in my home state of Pennsylvania.

Let me tell you, this place is beautiful! I don't even think that beautiful describes it well. If you are looking for a healthy, relaxing, wonderful trip out of town, this is the place to go. I took advantage of the Summer Spa Package which included my stay that night, breakfast the next day and points towards spa services. It also included the use of the Woodlands Spa Facilities: the pool (too bad I didn't swim back then), the exercise room (very nice), daily exercise classes, the sauna and the steam room.

If you enjoy outdoor activities, there is a PGA Golf Course, snow sports, a series of trials that wind through the property, mountain biking, a climbing wall, miniature golf, volleyball and tennis. All of this is on their 3,000 acre site.

This is not something that I can do on a regular basis, but it has been my favorite healthy retreat so far.

What is your favorite healthy vacation site?
Or what is your dream location to visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment