Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Good and Good for You Too

Most of us have somehow gotten into the habit of having dessert every night before we go to bed. An entire day of eating right and a good workout can be completed negated with just one slice of cheesecake.

You would have to burn this many additional calories during your workout in order to compensate for these popular desserts:
Betty Crocker Chocolate Fudge Brownie=110 calories (28 gram serving)
Chocolate Cupcake=262 calories
Apple Cobler (1/2 cup serving)=350 calories
Low-Carb Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory=610 calories

(Wow! 610 calories! How long will you have to run to burn that off tomorrow??)

Personally, I like to eat grapefruit, strawberries, peaches or other good summer fruit for dessert. I go to bed feeling happy that I had dessert and happy that I won't have to work all week to burn it off! What is your favorite healthy dessert?

By the way, I am not suggesting that you give up dessert all together for ever. I pick one day a week to treat myself to a cupcake (my weakness) or chocolate chip muffin. My day is Sunday. Try picking one day for a "real" dessert and it will give you something to look forward to all week.



Instead of sabotaging your hard work, here are some website with dessert ideas that are good and good for you too:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/237904/12_super_fast_and_healthy_dessert_ideas.html
http://www.sheknows.com/articles/803475.htm
http://family.go.com/food/pkg-healthy-desserts/

No comments:

Post a Comment